The Alternative Investments team is focused on direct investments in four key asset classes.
Each vertical has a dedicated team, but leverages expertise across the entire organization and the firm’s broader network to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns with differentiated value-add strategies.
The Private Equity team is focused on active value-add investing in attractive lower middle market businesses that are led by exceptional management teams and undergoing a strategic inflection point that will drive exponential growth.
This strategy is unrivaled amongst its peers as Manhattan West leverages the firm’s rolodex of executives (typically only seen at mega-funds) to conduct value-add & control investing in the lower middle market.
- Active, operational approach with management teamscreating value through network of strategic partners & industry executives
- Value-add sectorsincluding media, entertainment, consumer, sports, and tech-enabled services
- Target ~25-100% ownershipwith mix of primary and secondary capital
- Focus on businesses with strong cash flowand unique growth in defensive industries
- $2-25mm equity check sizesenterprise values of <$100mm
The Venture Capital team takes a pragmatic approach to late-stage, direct investing in addition to identifying and investing in the next great early-stage fund managers where there is a strategic fit.
- Strategically invest in early stage funds with unique accessthat can also support direct investment deal flow
- Direct late stage venture investmentsin consumer, enterprise software, and technology verticals
- Co-investwith Tier 1 venture capital firms
- Strong focus on companies with appropriate valuationsand prospects for near term liquidity
- In-depth network of relationshipswith operating companies and VC funds
- $1-10mm equity check sizesenterprise values of >$100mm
The Real Estate team is uniquely positioned as an owner, operator, and manager with a primary focus on multi-family and industrial properties.
- Invest in all major markets in Western USwith a particular focus on Southern California
- Target value-add assetsbut will consider opportunistic investments as well
- Invest exclusively as a sponsorwith hands-on, design-driven execution
- Take an institutional approachto acquiring and managing sub-institutional real estate
- Extensive operating experience
- $1-10mm equity check sizes
The Private Debt team seeks to generate income and capital gains through direct and indirect investments in commercial loans to businesses located in the United States. Such investments may include, among other things, loan participations, asset-based loans, and individual or syndicated loans.
- Geographic loan dispersion across the U.S.
- Diversity in small business enterprise types
- Loans underwritten to institutional standards
- Act as a partner to understand each borrower’s set of working capital needs
Our Edge comes from a hands-on and value-add approach to how capital is deployed within each of the core verticals.
- Nimble and flexible approach
- “Consulting Bench” of operating partners unrivaled amongst our peers
- Focus on transparency and partnership